Our baby boy turned 8 years old on 08-08! He is so proud because 8 is his absolute favorite number!!! We had a great day that day. Poppaw and Mommaw were here with us and we all enjoyed being together! (I did have more than a few crying spells on Harold but he was so kind and did not make fun of me even though I was going through some emotional crisis about Hayden growing up and not being our baby, blah, blah, blah) There are WAY TOO many photos following but they sum up our son better than words ever could.
All 8 year old boys put birthday present bags on their heads and dance around in their underwear, right?
Do you have any idea how much we LOVE this kid?
I really don't know if there is anyone in this world that Hayden loves any more than this Poppaw!
My sweetie with two other sweeties at his birthday party at the Travs game. (Mrs. Susan was so kind to offer us a suite she had access to in order for us to have a get together and still enjoy baseball on Hay's special day. Mrs. Susan, we love you!! Thank you!) Ms. Deborah and Ms. Ashley came to see Hayden and I bet you can tell by the picture that he just could not stand having his photo taken with them.....look at that grin!
Oh my...how much did Hayden love having Ryan with him on his birthday?
Is it okay to have arranged marriages nowadays? If so, I believe Harold and I have found Hay's future bride. We just love Miss Scarlett.
Now you know our buddy was thrilled to have a baseball cake. The cake itself was YUMMY. I do have to wonder though when I spend several minutes making sure when I order the cake (in person) that we can have the Angels' A with the Halo on it, we end up with an Atlanta Braves' A. Really now? Mommaw was proud and surprised that although I was mad as an old wet hen, I did not go across the counter at the girl. I tried to make a halo on the cake which Hayden promptly told me looked like an egg. He is just so darn honest but kinda lacking in the tact department. So we took the candles and put them around the A.
Blowing out his candles
Checking out his presents with his best bud
He was so excited about his rock star hat
The whole gang....not sure what is going on with that hair....
Daddy gets a real smile
I get the fake one!
My favorite...he had just told me that this was the best birthday ever!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment